Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday Long Run Report

2 reports in one night...blog slacker

So this past Sunday I had my 20 mile run!!! This is the big one before the marathon. I was pretty excited about it, and had quite a bit of fun running it. I ran the "Mahoning Shadow Trail" which is a rails to trails, PA trailways trail. WOW!!!! I never would have guessed how nice that could be. It was nice because I had to worry so little about traffic, just a few crossings and a 1 mile section through Punxsutawney. It is a 15 mile trail, and soooo nicely kept up. It was a beautiful day and there were tons of people out using the trail. Bikers, runners, dog walkers...I'll post a few pics from the trail in the next couple days. I ran the entire length of the trail and even added about a half mile at the end because I had to run into the little town at the end (Valier) to the fire station to get a couple sodas. I turned aorund and ran 5 miles back up the trail and once again SWMBO to the rescue, she drove alllll the way down and picked me up and took me back to the top trailhead to get the truck. There were a few moments along the way that I thought I would not finish the run, just wanted to sneak out a trailhead and call SWMBO to come get me, but I persevered and got it done. So happy.

Let the taper begin.....so cool, time flies.