Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday Long Run report

16 clicks (Ok, I'm not really sure what a "click" is but it sounds sooo cool)

Same story, different day: Beautiful day, long and difficult run. Legs feel like pistons firing that could have gone 10 more miles easily. Lungs laughed at my efforts all day, and begged for more. Feet...well, I probably would have been more comfortable in my flip flops. I think they are serious when they say change your shoes after 250-300 miles. These dogs got 430 on them after this weekend. Equipment update coming this week. I told the lady at the shoe store, "I want the same shoe I got on my feet". She just laughed and said, "They've been good to ya, huh?" Indeed, it will be hard to give them up, but they are still in good enough shape to use for work and such. I wonder if it is odd that I love my shoes so much? 430 miles is a lot of time together. The new Radius 7's should be in today.

Only event that happened on the run: Bee sting. 2nd one I've got this year, and maybe it's just because I'm getting older, or maybe the bees that have stung me this year have built their nests in toxic waste dump areas, but I am having terrible reactions to the stings. This has never happened to me before, but I've got a welt the size of my fist on the outside of my knee, and it hurts so bad to stand. Doctor is supposed to be calling me back soon. Really weird.